Position Description – Radiology Technician
POSITION TITLE: Radiology Technician
BOARD APPROVED: 09/22/2021
REPORTS TO: Director of Medical Services
DUAL SUPERVISOR PERSONNEL COLLABORATOR: Clinical Coordinator
DIVISION: Clinical Patient Care
EXEMPT/NON-EXEMPT STATUS: Non-exempt
A Radiology Technician is responsible for accurately positioning patients and ensuring that quality diagnostic images are produced. They work closely with radiologists, the physicians who interpret medical images, as well as HOPE’s medical providers who interpret medical images to either diagnose or rule out disease or injury.
A. Maintain and operate imaging equipment.
B. Prepare and perform imaging on patients as directed by Medical Providers.
C. Review orders written to ensure that the proper area and patient is imaged.
D. Responsible for documenting all information obtained during the procedures in the patient’s medical records.
E. Schedules appointments as needed
F. Distributes imaging reports to medical providers for review.
G. Downloads information for patients to take with them to specialists as needed.
H. Maintains logs of required data as needed.
I. Acts as the patient’s advocate and liaison for preservation of patient's rights.
J. Participates in all required staff training such as HIPAA and OSHA.
K. Protects patient’s rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal information
Performs other duties that may be assigned by the Director of Medical Services and/ or Clinical Coordinator.
Working off-site is not a requirement for this position. At times the employee may be asked to attend events such as health fairs, meetings, or trainings, however working off-site will not be mandatory for this position.
A. Must have Mammography Certification
B. High School Diploma or equivalent required
C. Certificate Required / Associate Degree Preferred
D. Basic CPR (BCLS) Certification
E. Two years’ experience working in a related health care field preferred
F. Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred
1. Operate a motor vehicle with current Class D drivers license. Operate a personal computer and calculator.
2. Problem Solving: Frequent problems arise in this position that are outside established policies or bodies of knowledge calling for high-level skills in problem solving.
3. Decision Making: Frequent situations arise in this position calling for careful and analytical judgment.
4. Supervisory: Extensive responsibility for the direct supervision of management, staff and contract employees. Requires the judicious use of delegation.
5. Interpersonal: Must interact with employees, Board of Directors, governmental officials, and the general public.
6. Working Conditions: Works in well-lighted, climate controlled building. May be subjected to appearance in less than desirable environment and travel in adverse weather conditions. May be exposed to body fluids.
7. Physical Requirements: Requires sufficient visual acuity to be able to read and write and operate equipment common to this position. Required to read, write and speak English with the ability to speak a foreign language helpful. Requires sufficient hearing level to be able to effectively communicate with people directly or by telephone. Occasionally lift items weighing up to 25 pounds.
This position description is in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) (May 1995)
HOPE Family Health Services is an equal opportunity employer who complies with applicable State and Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran or disability status.
Many positions at HOPE Family Health Services are funded in-part or in-whole by State or Federal Department of Health and Human Services funding and as such, our organization cannot employ individuals with certain criminal backgrounds or who are on State or Federal exclusion or debarment lists.
If you are interested in applying for a position below please download the online application,
fill it out COMPLETELY and ACCURATELY, then submit it to the health center by emailing it,
along with your complete resume, to email@example.com
For more information | 615-644-2000 ext. 472
E-mail application and resume to Miranda Connor, Director of HR